Questions? Go ahead and try us.
Georgia Natural Gas is the state's leading natural gas provider. Our staff has years of experience providing reliable, competitively priced gas service to Georgia residents and businesses. Our customer care is focused on you. Natural gas is our only business, so it's no wonder we are considered the experts. Why not go with the leader?
We are a Georgia-based company that offers all of our business customers outstanding customer care and a variety of price plans. In addition, our Georgia-based energy managers stand ready to work with larger commercial and industrial accounts.
Our representatives are assigned to work with businesses based on the size of the business. To find out the correct contact, see our main Business Services page.
Your price per therm depends on what price plan you selected. Under a variable market price plan, you pay for the gas you use each month at a competitive market price, so your cost of gas varies from month to month. Under a fixed price plan, you pay for the gas you use at a price per therm that is guaranteed for the length of your agreement, eliminating monthly fluctuations in price.
If the gas usage on your bill is zero, it means you did not consume any natural gas during the billing period. If your usage says “no reading,” that means we did not receive a meter reading from Atlanta Gas Light Company (AGLC).
Contact AGLC regarding either of the following issues:
- Gas leaks or other natural gas-related emergencies
- Meter problems
In metro Atlanta, call 770-994-1946 or 770-907-4231. Outside metro Atlanta, call 1-800-GAS-LINE (1-800-427-5463).
By accepting gas service from GNG, you agree to our Terms and Conditions of Service. When you select a fixed price plan, you are entering into a contract to remain on the plan for the length of your agreement.
If I have chosen another marketer but would like to switch to Georgia Natural Gas. Is there a fee to switch?
You have the right to switch to GNG from another gas marketer at any time. Just call us at 770-850-6200 (metro Atlanta) or toll-free at 1-877-850-6200 (outside metro Atlanta) and request that your gas service be switched to GNG. You are allowed one marketer switch per 12-month period at no charge. You may be assessed a switching fee by your new marketer if you make more than one marketer switch within a 12-month period.
Visit this site's Reading Your Bill page to view a sample GNG bill. For small/medium businesses, the GNG bill will always contain the following components:
- AGLC base charge - Regulated charge that Atlanta Gas Light Company (AGLC) bills through each gas marketer. Each month AGLC bills GNG a full base charge, which GNG passes through to its customers.
- GNG customer service charge - GNG's cost of maintaining and servicing your account. This charge may vary based on your selected price plan. GNG bills a full customer service charge regardless of the number of days of service.
- Gas charge - The cost for gas used during the month's billing period, based on total therms used. For residential customers only, this charge also includes an interstate capacity charge.
- Interstate pipeline capacity charge - A separately billed transportation charge that is based on your Designated Design Day Capacity (DDDC). GNG bills a full interstate capacity charge regardless of the number of days of service. (See related question about DDDC.)
- Sales tax - Sales tax will be applied to all charges, with the exception of late charges.
Designated Design Day Capacity is calculated annually by Atlanta Gas Light Company (AGLC) and is based on your consumption over the past year. The DDDC is a measure of the pipeline capacity for gas needed to serve your home or business on peak demand days, typically the coldest days of the year.
I recently enrolled with Georgia Natural Gas. I received my first bill for seven days of service, with a full Base Charge. On my next bill, it appears that I'm being billed again for a Base Charge. Was I billed a Base Charge twice for the same month of service?
No. The first base charge was for the previous month of service, and the second base charge is for the current month. You are billed for 12 Base Charges per year, never more. Each month AGLC bills GNG a full base charge for all GNG customers of record as of the 20th of the month. GNG, in turn, passes through that charge to its customers. GNG bills a full base charge each month regardless of the number of days of service for that month.
I've recently chosen automatic bank draft for automatic payment of my gas bill. How do I know when my automatic bank draft payment will be debited from my checking account?
GNG's bank draft payment plan automatically withdraws the amount due from your financial institution. Your account will be debited on the due date shown on your bill unless that date is a holiday or on a weekend. In those cases, your account will be debited the next business day.