Seniors: We're always here to help.
We recognize that senior citizens often have to follow tight budgets, and energy bills can seem overwhelming to those living on a fixed income. That's why we want to share some information that is particularly helpful for seniors.
Special GNG Senior Discount.
GNG customers who are at least 65 years old and have a combined household annual income of $14,355 or less may qualify for a discount off the per-therm price of GNG's residential Variable Select price plan.
If you qualify, Atlanta Gas Light Company will reduce your monthly base charge by up to $14.00, and GNG will discount the price you pay on the Variable Select plan by several cents per therm. Apply using this form: Senior Discount Application
Energy Assistance. From time to time, seniors may need help to pay their energy bills. For years GNG has supported the Heating Energy Assistance Team (H.E.A.T.), which distributes energy assistance funds to qualified elderly and low-income residents throughout Georgia.
Several agencies and organizations* provide energy assistance:
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), administered by the Georgia Department of Human Resources – 404-657-3426 or 404-657-3427 (inside metro Atlanta); 1-800-869-1150 (outside Atlanta) [operates from December through April]
- H.E.A.T. – 678-406-0212
- Project Share of the Salvation Army – 770-441-6200
Metro Atlanta-Based Assistance
- Atlanta Regional Commission, Aging Services – 404-463-3333
- Midtown Assistance Center – 404-681-5777
- Resource Service Ministries – 404-352-5440
- St. Vincent DePaul Society – 770-458-9607
- Senior Connections – 770-455-7602
- The Sullivan Center – 404-753-0535
* The Heating Energy Assistance Team provided the above energy assistance contact information. GNG appreciates H.E.A.T.'s willingness to share the information.