Georgia Natural Gas® remains committed to both our customers and our community. We continually show our commitment through numerous company-sponsored volunteer events and activities. Those events tend to align with our corporate outreach focus areas: Children/Education, Seniors, Energy Assistance and the Environment. Now, however, with our new “Dollars for Doers” program, our employees also have the ability to designate a nonprofit of their choice as the recipient of up to $250.00 in the form of a grant when they volunteer. Throughout Georgia, employees are using this as an opportunity to support little league teams, health-focused 5Ks, and nonprofits that do so much. It’s our way of spreading the love locally! For more information, contact: CommunityRelations@GeorgiaNaturalGas.com.
As part of our new alliance with Atlanta’s Fox Theatre, Georgia Natural Gas is proud to bring the artistic magnificence of this treasured landmark to community events and schools throughout Georgia. This interactive school exhibit focuses on how important events in the Fox Theatre’s historic timeline intersect with key classroom lessons — from American history and the Civil Rights Movement — to economics and the importance of communities working together. It’s all here in one exciting exhibit.
Visit our web site at gng.com and check future bill inserts for special Fox Theatre offers, exclusive to
Georgia Natural Gas customers.
20% OFF* SEASON TICKETS
OR INDIVIDUAL HOME GAME TICKETS.
Georgia Natural Gas is proud to sponsor Atlanta’s pro soccer
team – the Atlanta Silverbacks™
2015 HOME GAMES:
Aug. 5, 8, 22, 29 | Sept. 15, 19 | Oct. 7, 17, 31
To purchase tickets, call 678.608.0627 or visit atlantasilverbacksfc.com/tickets.
USE PROMO CODE: GNG
* Subject to availability; additional fees may apply. May not be combined with any other offer. Offer available online at www.atlantasilverbacksfc.com/tickets or by calling 678.608.0627. Tickets must be purchased at least 24 hours in advance. Promo code required.
Georgia Natural Gas and the Atlanta Sliverbacks are not affiliated, and neither has any obligation or liability with respect to the products or services to be provided by the other.
This year will mark the fifth anniversary of our annual Georgia Natural Gas® TrueBlue Community Awards. And to date, a total of $250,000 has been awarded in grants. The awards recognize outstanding nonprofits in Georgia that are making a real and valuable impact in our state. Previous winners have come from small towns and large metropolitan areas alike. An independent panel of judges comprised of a diverse group of community leaders selects the winners.
The deadline to submit completed applications is August 31, 2015. To download an application or to apply directly online, please visit gng.com.
Need more information? Contact CommunityRelations@GeorgiaNaturalGas.com.
Georgia Natural Gas® wants you to beat the summer heat by taking an aquatic adventure. Get 20% OFF total tickets and individual annual memberships* to Georgia Aquarium and experience all the underwater wonders this summer.
for tickets and complete pricing information. Tickets must be purchased online to take advantage of this special offer.
* Valid August 1–31, 2015. Discount does not apply to family memberships.
Georgia Natural Gas and Georgia Aquarium are not affiliated, and neither has any obligation or liability with respect to the products or services to be provided by the other.
PUMPKIN GINGER CUPCAKES
Recipe and image credit: ChewOutLoud.com
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp table salt
• 1 TB ground cinnamon
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp ground cloves
• 1 cup salted butter, room temp
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 4 large eggs, room temp
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin
• Coarse Ginger-Sugar: 4 TB turbinado sugar combined with 1 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter and both sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3-4 min. Mixture should look pale yellow and texture should be airy. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating into mixture individually. Add vanilla and pumpkin, beating until incorporated.
4. Using rubber spatula, fold the dry flour mixture into the wet butter mixture. Fold gently until just incorporated, with a few little streaks of flour here and there remaining. Distribute the batter evenly into lined muffin cups.
5. Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached, 20-25 min. Do not over bake. Cool in pans 10 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely. Frost as desired. Sprinkle liberally with coarse ginger-sugar for garnish. Cupcakes keep well in airtight container at a moderate room temp; leftovers may be frozen.